Professional Tax Registration is levied by Municipal Corporations by various states in India.Professional tax is a state imposed tax and is imposed on income earned by employees on rendering their services. TAXHILLS Expert will help you get registered under Professional Tax .
People who carry the profession such as CA (Chartered Accountant), lawyers, doctors etc needs to pay these taxes to the government. The owner of a business is responsible to deduct professional tax from the salaries of his employees and pay the amount so collected to the appropriate government department.
✔ Issue of Enrollment/ Registration Certificate
✔ Documented Follow-up
✔ Does not include PT payment
Documents To Be Submitted
- Address proof of establishment
- Address proof of partners, proprietor or directors as applicable
- PAN of partners, proprietors and directors as applicable
- Photo of partners, proprietors and directors as applicable
- Salary details of employees
- Financial statements of the establishment
- Certificate of incorporation and address proof in case of company
1) On which date an employer becomes liable to pay tax?
The date of liability will be the date on which the employer disburses salary/wages to any of his employees in the taxable limit, for the first time.
2) Who are liable to pay Profession Tax as ‘employer’?
Every employer is liable to deduct Profession Tax (as per the Schedule to the Profession Tax Act) from the salary/wages paid to his employees & to pay the Profession Tax so deducted.
3) What is the penalty for furnishing wrong information?
The penalty prescribed as per section 5(6) for giving false information in an application for Registration Certificate or Enrollment Certificate is equal to three times the tax payable under the Profession Tax Act.
4) What are the advantages of payment of tax?
The Enrollment Certificate holder can discharge his liability for the next five years by making payment in advance of a lump sum amount equal to four times of such rate of tax on or before 30th June, so advantage in paying lump sum is that of, saving of one year’s liability.
5) Who is assessed under Profession Tax Act?
An employer liable to pay Profession Tax is assessed under the Profession Tax Act.